- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup vermicelli
- 1/4 cup sugar according to taste
- 6 strands of saffron
- Pinch of crushed cardamom
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons sliced Cashews
- 1 tablespoon sliced pistachios
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tbspn ghee
- Melt ghee in a pan and fry all the dry fruits(cashews,almons,pistachios and rasins)
- Add the vermicelli and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add water and stir until the vermicelli is cooked(about 5 minutes)
- Add the milk,sugar, saffron, cardamom, and let simmer for a few more minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- As kheer cools of will become thicker in texture.
- Kheer can be served chilled or warm.